Chapel Hill Toffee Recipes
CHAPEL HILL TOFFEE PECAN PIE
Serves 8 | Prep time: 10 min | Preheat to 350°
1 5oz. box of Chapel Hill Toffee, divided
1 cup chopped pecans
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup light corn syrup
2 Tbsp melted butter
¾ cup sugar
Pinch of salt
1 premade or frozen 9-inch deep dish pie crust, unbaked
1. Roughly chop toffee with a sharp knife, or crush with rolling pin or rubber mallet. Reserve 2 tablespoons for pie topping.
2. Stir together eggs, vanilla extract, corn syrup, butter, sugar and salt.
3. Mix in pecans and toffee pieces.
4. Pour into pie crust.
5. Bake on 350° on oven’s center rack for 60-70 minutes or until interior temperature reaches 200° and crust is golden brown.
6. Cool for 2-3 hours to be sure that filling is set. Top with reserved toffee bits after 20-30 minutes.
CHAPEL HILL TOFFEE PRALINE PUMPKIN PIE
A quick and simple way to dress up a store-bought pumpkin pie!
2/3 cup brown sugar
3 Tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons butter
3 Tablespoons heavy cream
Store bought pumpkin pie
1 1/2 cups Chapel Hill Toffee, chopped
1. In a saucepot, melt first 5 ingredients
2. Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Remove from heat and stir in toffee. Working quickly, spread mixture over your pumpkin pie.
4. Garnish with any remaining toffee bits.
5. Slice, serve and enjoy!
CHAPEL HILL TOFFEE COVERED BACON
Preheat to 400° | Makes 16 servings
8 slices thick cut bacon
1 - 5 oz. box Chapel Hill Toffee
4 oz. melting chocolate
1. Place bacon slices on rimmed baking sheet, and cook for 15-20 minutes until crisp.
2. Allow bacon to cool completely. Once cooled, cut each slice in half.
3. As bacon cools, roughly chop toffee with a sharp knife, or crush with rolling pin or rubber mallet
4. Melt chocolate according to package directions.
5. Dip bacon slices into warm chocolate, coat either one or both sides, according to preference.
6. Working quickly, sprinkle toffee crumbles onto bacon slices before the chocolate cools and hardens.
CHAPEL HILL TOFFEE ICE CREAM PIE
1 chocolate crumb crust (Oreo brand is excellent!)
1 quart coffee ice cream (vanilla or mocha work too, whatever you prefer!)
1 cup Chapel Hill Toffee, chopped
1 8oz container of whipped topping, such as Cool Whip
1. Soften the ice cream and stir in the Chapel Hill Toffee pieces, reserving a few pieces for garnish
2. Spread ice cream mixture into the pie crust and freeze until solid
3. Cover frozen ice cream with whipped topping and sprinkle remaining toffee pieces on top
4. Slice, serve and enjoy!